Reps are a very important part of the Local. It is through you that
the business of the Local is conducted. Thank you for being of service
to your fellow teachers.
Your duties include the following:
- regularly attend Council of School Rep meetings
- make sure there is time set aside on your staff meeting agenda for ATA
- inform your staff of items discussed at Council and solicit their input
- bring concerns from your staff to the attention of Council
- express opinions and vote on motions presented at Council meetings
- distribute items sent to schools by Barnett House, the Local and its committees
- conduct elections for Provincial Executive Council
- welcome teachers new to the profession and/or staff
- provide information to members: services available, who to contact, etc.
About Local 35