Representativess are a very important part of the Local.
It is through our CSR's that the business of the Local is conducted!!
to your fellow teachers is very much appreciated.
A CSR's duties include the following:
- regularly attending Council of School Representatives meetings
- ensuring there is time set aside on your school staff meeting agenda for ATA
- informing your staff of items discussed at Council and soliciting their input
- bringing concerns from your staff to the attention of Council
- expressing opinions and voting on motions presented at Council meetings
- distributing items sent to schools by Barnett House, the Local, and its committees
- conducting elections for Provincial Executive Council
- welcoming teachers new to the profession and/or staff
- providing information to members: services available, who to contact, etc.
About Local 35